How To Prepare Your Car for Winter
The winter weather is closing in on Jackson. Getting your vehicle through the winter season includes properly preparing it for the colder weather. Making sure your new Kia is ready for winter will help you avoid potential problems and unwanted breakdowns in Flowood or Brandon. Let’s take a look at how you can properly prepare your car for winter, courtesy of the team at Wilson Kia!
Tips for Preparing Your Car for Winter
- Check Your Antifreeze Levels: As the name implies, antifreeze makes sure your engine doesn’t freeze during the cold weather. Keeping antifreeze properly filled is highly important for winter driving. You can check antifreeze level yourself, or have it checked and filled at our service center.
- Change Your Oil: Checking your oil is very important no matter the time of year, but it’s especially important in the winter season. Cold weather can causes the oil to thicken, so it’s good to check your oil level, as well as swapping to an oil designed to handle winter weather.
- Check That Your Heat is Working: You don’t want to be stuck in a car without a properly working heating system. Before the bitter cold arrives, check and make sure your heat is working properly. Our service team can inspect your heating system to make sure it’s working properly.
- Check Your Tires: Breakdowns are terrible, especially in the middle of winter. Check your tire pressure levels, as well as the wear of all your tires. It’s also not a bad idea to have your tires rotated before the brunt of winter arrives. Tire care is very important, all year round.
- Prepare an Emergency Kit: Breaking down or getting stuck on the roads of Ridgeland is always a possibility. In the unfortunate event this happens, it’s good to have an emergency kit on hand. Some must have items include a first-aid kit, blankets, water, a flashlight, extra hats, gloves, and scarves, non-perishable snacks, jumper cables, a battery-powered radio, road flares, and sand/kitty litter for traction.
- Check and Fill Wiper Fluid Levels: Winter weather can drastically affect your ability to see while driving. Make sure your windshield wash fluid is always high. It’s also a good idea to swap to a freeze-resistant wiper fluid.
Prep Your Car for Winter at Wilson Kia
Making sure your car is ready for winter can help give you better peace of mind on your drives. If you need extra help winterizing your car, you can schedule service at our dealership near Jackson to get any necessary work done!
More From Wilson Kia
Many people recognize the benefits of all-wheel drive, and it’s hard to resist the unique personality of the 2020 Kia Soul! For this reason, many of our friends and neighbors have wondered, “Is the Kia Soul all-wheel drive?” Unfortunately, there is no Kia Soul AWD available for purchase this year–but that doesn’t mean you should…
Size Matters? – Which KIA SUV has the Most Cargo Space? Here’s the Size Breakdown. The 2019 Kia Sedona Obviously, a mini van is going to have the largest cargo space available. The Sedona can seat up to seven passengers leaving 33.9 cu-ft. of space behind the third row alone! Then, space can be expanded…
The 2019 Kia Sportage is offered in three different trim levels, each with its own list of features and performance capabilities. No matter which trim level you choose to upgrade your Brandon area commute, you’ll enjoy a roomy interior, a comfortable ride quality, and top safety ratings. Explore the available Sportage trim levels, then schedule…